Child Protection Policy
Lynne Chilver School of Dance is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people and we believe that it is always unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind. We recognise our responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people, by a commitment to recommend best practice which protects them.
We recognise that:
- the welfare of the child/young person is paramount
- all children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
- working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
The purpose of the policy:
- to provide protection for the children and young people who belong to our dance school.
- to provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm
We will seek to safeguard children and young people by:
- valuing them, listening to and respecting them
- adopting child protection guidelines through procedures and safe working practice for staff and volunteers
- recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made
- sharing information about child protection and safe working practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers
- sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately
- providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training
We will review this policy each year in November in line with Safe Network guidance or sooner in light of any changes in legislation or guidance.
Addendum – Social Media
FROM TIME TO TIME WE POST PICTURES OF DANCE SCHOOL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE- FOR EXAMPLE THE CHILDREN TAKING PART IN THE ANNUAL SUMMER SCHOOL.
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU DO NOT CONSENT TO YOUR CHILD BEING PHOTOGRAPHED.